MacKinnon commits to an eight-year deal with the Avalanche
Nathan MacKinnon, a player on the Colorado Avalanche, signed an eight-year contract without revealing the terms.
The 27-year-old center’s contract is ending, at the end of this season. He has one remaining season on his seven-year deal with Colorado.
Nathan MacKinnon is one of the premier NHL players, and before the season we wanted to get him signed to a contract extension. He has that rare combination of speed and power, which makes him one of the best to have ever played and we are glad he’s staying with our team.
If the new contract isn’t signed before the start of the season, it will be done soon, according to MacKinnon.
In the past two years, MacKinnon has been in the top three for points. In 2018-2019, he led all NHL players with 125 points.
As the NHL’s first pick in 2013, Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 1.33 points per game in his 70 playoff games, ranking third behind Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux.
- Dillon Gabriel leaves the game after suffering a head injury while sliding
- In an exciting draw, Leandro Trossard scored a hat-trick
- At Mallorca, Lewandowski scored to give Barcelona a 1-0 victory
- Antonio Brown joins Twitter-Following the release of disturbing hotel pool video
- Georgia football injury updates as of now