how to delete an Instagram account
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with all the options Instagram offers for content and features, it might be time to take a step back and think about whether or not you want to keep your Instagram account around. In this guide, we’ll show you how to delete your Instagram account completely, so that you can start fresh with a new platform.
How to delete an Instagram account on iPhone or iPad
There are two ways to delete an Instagram account on an iPhone or iPad: through the app’s settings and through the Facebook app.
To delete your Instagram account from within Instagram, open the app and go to your Profile > Settings. On the left side of the screen, tap “Delete Account.” If you have more than one account registered with Instagram, you will be asked to select the account you want to delete. Tap “Delete Account” and confirm your decision.
To delete your Instagram account from within Facebook, open the Facebook app and go to your Profile > Settings. On the left side of the screen, tap “Remove Account.” If you have more than one account registered with Instagram, you will be asked to select the account you want to delete. Tap “Remove Account” and confirm your decision.
How to delete an Instagram account on Android
The steps below should be followed if you want to delete your Instagram account:
- Open Instagram on your Android device.
- In the top left corner of the screen, tap the three lines.
- Under “Settings,” tap “Account.”
- Tap “Delete Account.”
- Confirm by tapping “Delete Account.”
How to delete the Instagram account for Windows
If you want to delete your Instagram account on a computer, there are different ways to do it. You can use the web browser on your computer or a separate app.
To delete your Instagram account from a computer using the web browser:
- Open the web browser on your computer and go to Instagram.com.
2. Use your username and password to log in.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the screen that says “Account Settings”.
- Under “Account Settings”, click “Your Account”.
- Under “Your Account”, click “Manage Your Accounts”.
- On the next page, under “Instagram”, click the red button that says “Delete Your Account”.
7. Click OK to confirm you want to delete your account.
- Your account will be deleted within a few minutes.
A few things to consider if you’re considering deactivating your Instagram account. First of all, make sure you have an understanding of the platform and what it offers. Second, be sure to take the time to understand the process involved before actually deleting your account. Third, be mindful of any photos or videos that you might want to keep—you may not have a choice if they’re protected by copyright law. Finally, don’t forget to back up any important data associated with your account before making any decisions!